Past Questions and Answers


Do you have log repair knowledge as well? Post your remarks after our answer! Just click VIEW ANSWER now!

Please browse the category questions and answers as a form of your question has likely been asked in the past.  If you can't find your answer, The Log Doctor is here to answer any question you may have regarding the repair and restoration of your log home or cabin.  If you are not a do-it-yourself kind of person, please contact us and put all our knowledge and experience to work for you!



We are looking at purchasing a log home. It is 16 years old and has been well taken care. We have one concern. In the dining area one of the wall tie beams. ( i believe that is what they are called). There is one coming in from both sides and three from the roof that all tie together with a steel plate. One of the beams is warped. It has a arch to it. Is that something to be concerned about? Does it need to be repaired? Is it an expensive repair if it needs addressed?



I would recommend hiring a structural engineer to look at it prior to purchase.

Add your Feedback to this question

Use the form below to post your comments to this question and answer.

(500 characters max)