Past Questions and Answers


Do you have log repair knowledge as well? Post your remarks after our answer! Just click VIEW ANSWER now!

Please browse the category questions and answers as a form of your question has likely been asked in the past.  If you can't find your answer, The Log Doctor is here to answer any question you may have regarding the repair and restoration of your log home or cabin.  If you are not a do-it-yourself kind of person, please contact us and put all our knowledge and experience to work for you!



I am considering building with 12 x 12 timbers for the wall sections.What should be done to prevent moisture between the timbers.Thanks


If the gap is wider than 3/4" you will need to use Chink with a foam backer. If it is 3/4" or less you should use caulk. Call Timeless Wood Care Products at 800-564-2987 for these materials.

Add your Feedback to this question

Use the form below to post your comments to this question and answer.

(500 characters max)