Past Questions and Answers


Do you have log repair knowledge as well? Post your remarks after our answer! Just click VIEW ANSWER now!

Please browse the category questions and answers as a form of your question has likely been asked in the past.  If you can't find your answer, The Log Doctor is here to answer any question you may have regarding the repair and restoration of your log home or cabin.  If you are not a do-it-yourself kind of person, please contact us and put all our knowledge and experience to work for you!



I have a building that I just purchased that was built in the 80's. It has been painted and I need to weatherize it. I can see cracks(small) or gaps in areas. Have it told that it needs to be caulked. Should I just cault the inside? Or do I need to do both inside and out? Worried about matching cault with painted walls. Outside is grey and inside walls are brown


You need to caulk the exterior first. If there are any water leaks you want to make sure you have them stopped before you attempt to caulk the interior. There are several colors of caulk that you should be able to find a color to match pretty close. Call Dave at Timeless Wood Care Products (800-564-2987)for more help and the products that you will need. If you are looking for help doing it call Mike at 866-670-3020.

Add your Feedback to this question

Use the form below to post your comments to this question and answer.

(500 characters max)