Past Questions and Answers


Do you have log repair knowledge as well? Post your remarks after our answer! Just click VIEW ANSWER now!

Please browse the category questions and answers as a form of your question has likely been asked in the past.  If you can't find your answer, The Log Doctor is here to answer any question you may have regarding the repair and restoration of your log home or cabin.  If you are not a do-it-yourself kind of person, please contact us and put all our knowledge and experience to work for you!



i recently purchased a cedar home. water is leaking through the knots and when there is expansion and constriction of the individual timbers, there is also leaking into the house. is this because of poor construction? any remedies


Sounds like it needs to be completely caulked or chinked on the exterior. If the gaps are 3/4" or less, Energy Sela Caulk should be used, if larger, Perma Chink should be used.

Add your Feedback to this question

Use the form below to post your comments to this question and answer.

(500 characters max)

Posted By randy ashton
where can i buy energy seal caulk