Past Questions and Answers


Do you have log repair knowledge as well? Post your remarks after our answer! Just click VIEW ANSWER now!

Please browse the category questions and answers as a form of your question has likely been asked in the past.  If you can't find your answer, The Log Doctor is here to answer any question you may have regarding the repair and restoration of your log home or cabin.  If you are not a do-it-yourself kind of person, please contact us and put all our knowledge and experience to work for you!



I Had my log home built 26 years ago and it is a D log. I have seen here lately that Im having water leaking inside on the interior logs and was wanting to know what is the best product to use to seal the outside cracks in the logs where they but up together?


Energy Seal from Perma Chink. Call 800-564-2987 to purchase. Only seal the chink lines where two logs lay together. As for the checks (cracks) in the logs only fill the ones that are running into a window, door or corner and are allowing wind, water or bugs to get inside.

Add your Feedback to this question

Use the form below to post your comments to this question and answer.

(500 characters max)