Past Questions and Answers


Do you have log repair knowledge as well? Post your remarks after our answer! Just click VIEW ANSWER now!

Please browse the category questions and answers as a form of your question has likely been asked in the past.  If you can't find your answer, The Log Doctor is here to answer any question you may have regarding the repair and restoration of your log home or cabin.  If you are not a do-it-yourself kind of person, please contact us and put all our knowledge and experience to work for you!



what is a log called the has two opposing sides that are flattened slightly


If you are referring to what I think it is call a milled log. They typically have a tongue and grove system milled into them for stacking purposes, but not always. Some are just milled with a flat area for ease of stacking during building then nailed or screwed together.

Add your Feedback to this question

Use the form below to post your comments to this question and answer.

(500 characters max)