Past Questions and Answers


Do you have log repair knowledge as well? Post your remarks after our answer! Just click VIEW ANSWER now!

Please browse the category questions and answers as a form of your question has likely been asked in the past.  If you can't find your answer, The Log Doctor is here to answer any question you may have regarding the repair and restoration of your log home or cabin.  If you are not a do-it-yourself kind of person, please contact us and put all our knowledge and experience to work for you!



What do you recommend for large cracks in verticle logs. Some of the cracks are large enough to stick your hand into.


I would put a piece of Grip Strip backer foam into the check recessed about 1/2 inch and then fill it flush with chink. You can get the products that you need at or call them at 800-564-2987.

Add your Feedback to this question

Use the form below to post your comments to this question and answer.

(500 characters max)

Posted By Bill Mcclary
Where can I buy 2" Grip Strip backing rod for the lowest cost? I see it ranges form $130.00 a box to over $200.00 for 360 feet
Posted By Cathy Doss
I hope I can get my question across correctly: We have a 30 year old log home that as been our home all this time. We are going to replace some logs that are water/sun damaged but most of the logs are salvageable. We are looking for a product that you can inject into the log - it is almost a petrifying solution - that goes into the log, hardens from the inside out then we will apply a clear log sealer. Can you help us????

Thank you, Cathy Doss