Past Questions and Answers


Do you have log repair knowledge as well? Post your remarks after our answer! Just click VIEW ANSWER now!

Please browse the category questions and answers as a form of your question has likely been asked in the past.  If you can't find your answer, The Log Doctor is here to answer any question you may have regarding the repair and restoration of your log home or cabin.  If you are not a do-it-yourself kind of person, please contact us and put all our knowledge and experience to work for you!



I have a two story log barn, c. 1890, in an area of severe temperatures fluctuation. Built to store hay, the logs are not finished, but stacked as round logs with large spaces in between to air out the hay. I'd like to finish part of the building for habitation and need to chink these gaps. Some are five or six inches wide. What's the best way to chink this kind of construction?


You will need to get Grip Strip to fill gaps and then apply Perma Chink. Call Dave at 800-564-2987 for the materials you will need.

Add your Feedback to this question

Use the form below to post your comments to this question and answer.

(500 characters max)