Past Questions and Answers


Do you have log repair knowledge as well? Post your remarks after our answer! Just click VIEW ANSWER now!

Please browse the category questions and answers as a form of your question has likely been asked in the past.  If you can't find your answer, The Log Doctor is here to answer any question you may have regarding the repair and restoration of your log home or cabin.  If you are not a do-it-yourself kind of person, please contact us and put all our knowledge and experience to work for you!



I have a small Pan Abode and a couple of the lower wall 'logs'are rotting. I cant rationize a big repair.
Can I try to remove the rot and fill with some wood filler product ? Or maybe cut out the offending log and somehow insert a milled replacement.


Yes, but you should only consider it a temporary repair. They should be replaced eventually for structural reasons. Call Dave at Timeless Wood Care Products for the filler products that you will need. His number is 800-564-2987. If you are interested in a quote for replacement call Ran at 877-788-5647 or send him pictures, estimated lineal feet of rot and location of home (zip code will do) to

Add your Feedback to this question

Use the form below to post your comments to this question and answer.

(500 characters max)