Past Questions and Answers


Do you have log repair knowledge as well? Post your remarks after our answer! Just click VIEW ANSWER now!

Please browse the category questions and answers as a form of your question has likely been asked in the past.  If you can't find your answer, The Log Doctor is here to answer any question you may have regarding the repair and restoration of your log home or cabin.  If you are not a do-it-yourself kind of person, please contact us and put all our knowledge and experience to work for you!



A local mill produces what they call log cabin siding...with no overlap or tounge and groove...what keeps the moisture chinking required ?


Yes either chink or caulk. If the gaps are 3/4" or less use Energy Seal. If larger use Perma Chink. Call Dave at 800-564-2987 for help and the materials you will need.

Add your Feedback to this question

Use the form below to post your comments to this question and answer.

(500 characters max)