Past Questions and Answers


Do you have log repair knowledge as well? Post your remarks after our answer! Just click VIEW ANSWER now!

Please browse the category questions and answers as a form of your question has likely been asked in the past.  If you can't find your answer, The Log Doctor is here to answer any question you may have regarding the repair and restoration of your log home or cabin.  If you are not a do-it-yourself kind of person, please contact us and put all our knowledge and experience to work for you!



I purchased a log home buil in 1987. The chinking appears to a board with a permanent textured finish. It fits into a grove in the upper log and butts against a lip in the lower log. Several of these boards are water damaged due to an improperly installed deck. The deck is now a porch, can I purchase these boards anywhere or is there another suitable chinking method?


Do not know where to get the boards. I would recommend applying a coat of Perma Chink over all of the boards to seal this house up properly.

Add your Feedback to this question

Use the form below to post your comments to this question and answer.

(500 characters max)

Posted By Kenny Pridgen
I am considering purchasing the same type log features in which some logs are spread quite a bit apart.