Past Questions and Answers


Do you have log repair knowledge as well? Post your remarks after our answer! Just click VIEW ANSWER now!

Please browse the category questions and answers as a form of your question has likely been asked in the past.  If you can't find your answer, The Log Doctor is here to answer any question you may have regarding the repair and restoration of your log home or cabin.  If you are not a do-it-yourself kind of person, please contact us and put all our knowledge and experience to work for you!



Thank you for your last knowledgeable answer. Todays question, after repairing mortar chinking, I'm looking for something to cover/blend mortar, like Brushover, that they don't make anymore. Something in a color or I can tint. Cabin is 72 year old cabin, hand hune logs, so chinking is in varying widths. I don't think a bright white would compliment, many irregularities would stand out. I like this site very informative. Thank You JT


Try brushing Perma Chink's "Chink Paint" on it. You can buy it by the gallon and it is thick enough that it should seal any little cracks in the mortar. It comes in a variety of colors. Apply with paint brush that you cut the bristles down short. You can buy at 800-564-2987. Another option would be to get a good exterior primer and have it tinted to the color that you want.

Add your Feedback to this question

Use the form below to post your comments to this question and answer.

(500 characters max)