Past Questions and Answers


Do you have log repair knowledge as well? Post your remarks after our answer! Just click VIEW ANSWER now!

Please browse the category questions and answers as a form of your question has likely been asked in the past.  If you can't find your answer, The Log Doctor is here to answer any question you may have regarding the repair and restoration of your log home or cabin.  If you are not a do-it-yourself kind of person, please contact us and put all our knowledge and experience to work for you!



looking at a log home for sale. The logs seem to be square and come together with just a small gap seems to be no more than a quarter inch or so. The chink look i guess strip of foam with grit look on outside glued in groove about 2 inches wide. lot of it is gone. where can you buy to replace, what's it called and do you caulk seam before replacing it? or can you caulk and just paint the cut out place to suit? new at this. thanx for any insight on what i'm looking at and what it is. Than


Call Dave at Timeless Wood Care Products 800-564-2987. He will be able to help you and answer your questions.

Add your Feedback to this question

Use the form below to post your comments to this question and answer.

(500 characters max)