Past Questions and Answers


Do you have log repair knowledge as well? Post your remarks after our answer! Just click VIEW ANSWER now!

Please browse the category questions and answers as a form of your question has likely been asked in the past.  If you can't find your answer, The Log Doctor is here to answer any question you may have regarding the repair and restoration of your log home or cabin.  If you are not a do-it-yourself kind of person, please contact us and put all our knowledge and experience to work for you!



We are restoring a log-cabin that has been turned into an office building for a church congregation. The logs have some faily bad rotting sections and have been painted over. We plan to media blast the paint off then fill the rot sections.. What do you recommend for a filler and what would be a few good brand choices of solid-coat stain to use?


For filler you should use Wood Epox. Call 800-564-2987 to purchase. For solid stain use Sherwin Williams Woodscapes.

Add your Feedback to this question

Use the form below to post your comments to this question and answer.

(500 characters max)