Home » Questions » Chinking and Caulking » Archive-1400


277 viewsChinking and Caulking

I have an ancient log cabin, which has a stick-built addition attached. I need to know how I should interface the drywall of the Addition with the old log cabin. Should I: 1. scribe drywall to match the chinking and logs or 2. chink the interface or 3. scribe a long board, or 4. something else. The width to be covered is about 3 inches, floor to ceiling, from door casing trim to log face.

Since it is so old scribing a board or the drywall would work. Normally you would cut a groove into the logs and tuck the drywall into the cut.

Free Download

Need to Know Tips to Protect your Log Home This Year

We will never sell your address or spam you.