Home » Questions » Chinking and Caulking » Archive-1880


219 viewsChinking and Caulking

Part of our house is a two story log cabin built pre civil war in Maryland. Strucure is covered, but I have revealed part. Seems to be two logs on top of each other, separated by 5 to 6 inches of space and then repeating. Space was filled with mud and rock. Mud has turned to dirt and can easily be pushed out. I want to refill spaces (Chinking?). What should I use?

Yes, you should use chinking. You will have to use a special order closed cell foam as a backer. Cut it to fit tight and then apply the chink to it. You can get the foam from Timeless Wood Care Products at 800-564-2987.

Free Download

Need to Know Tips to Protect your Log Home This Year

We will never sell your address or spam you.