Home » Questions » Log Home Repair » Archive-4082


254 viewsLog Home Repair

The logs have some big splits. whats can i do to stop or repair the splits in the logs

These splits are called ”checks”. They should NOT be filled unless they are allowing wind, water or bugs to enter the interior of the home.Next to doors, windows and corners and are facing up are most apt to allow this.
If you must fill them, put a closed cell backing foam in the check and apply Energy Seal caulk at least a thick.Be sure to inspect these checks that you fill to make sure the caulk has not separated from the log.

Free Download

Need to Know Tips to Protect your Log Home This Year

We will never sell your address or spam you.