We have mold growing on logs in our NEWLY constructed home. We’re not moved in yet. The builders have bleached it once already, but since they had already used a sealer, it has come back. Please let me know the proper steps they need to take to correct the problem. The mold is both inside and out.
The only way you are going to get that mold from underneath the stain is probably going to be to corncob blast it off and start over. I’m not sure why the mold would show up after they bleached it. Perhaps the logs were a little green yet. You should be careful with the bleach. You only need enough to kill the mold spores, 1/2 to 1 cup to 5 gallons of water is plenty. If you use too much it is hard to get it off the wood and your new stain will not adhere properly.