Home » Questions » Maintenance » Archive-6492

Archive-6492

184 viewsMaintenance

Our log home was built in the 1980s, my dad had years ago stained it and put polyurethane on it. We are just finding out using polyurethane on the logs isn’t a good idea. in these past few years we are finding mold growing, mostly in dark places, behind furniture, in the basement on everything. We have purchased a spray to kill the mold but it comes right back. What is causing it and how can we get rid of it for good? we live in NY, in the winter we use a furnace and burn wood. Is it too damp i

You may want to try keeping the heat above 56 to help stop this. also move furniture away from walls when not in use for long periods of time. Not sure it will help. If not it will probably need to be stripped and allowed to dry before re-staining on the interior.

Free Download

Need to Know Tips to Protect your Log Home This Year

We will never sell your address or spam you.