Home » Questions » Maintenance » Archive-6920

Archive-6920

192 viewsMaintenance

We have a 20 year old log cabin, and only use it during winter and periodic summer retreats. The center ridge pole is showing weathering and moisture. Looks like a white mold and we would like to know if hot water and vinagar would work in cleaning it?

Mix 1/2 cup of bleach and 4 gallons of warm water and wipe them down. Wear a good dust mask. If it continues to show up I would recommend a mold expert look at it. You may even want to have them come in first.

Free Download

Need to Know Tips to Protect your Log Home This Year

We will never sell your address or spam you.