My wife and I bought a 1984 kit pine log cabin last year. The interior walls have never been finished. This summer, with high humidity the walls have come alive! There is white mold where the logs intersect. Some mold spread to the ceiling. I’ve cleaned the ceiling with H2O2 and started dehumidifying, but Im afraid of doing the walls myself. How should I proceed? We’re on a tight budget, I have allergies (penicillin too), and my wife is pregnant. Toxic chemicals and mold both concern me.

waterloop Changed status to publish April 7, 2024