I own a log cabin in Northern Maine built in 1930.I Have a significant moisture problem in the spring caused by a massive fire place in the center of the structure. This 10ftX5ft30ft tall chimney is in the center of th camp between the 30ft kitchen and 30 ft living room.(The building is not heated). In the spring water drips from the ceiling and runs down the chimney in side the building. We have extensive mold on roof and the stringers next to the chimney.The ridge pole (8 in pine log)is rottin

waterloop Changed status to publish April 8, 2024