We have a 22 yr old log home. The previous owners stained it with SW Exterior Alkyd Wood Preservative, but the color is too dark for our tastes. It’s overdue for a staining, wearing thin in some areas. Corn-blasting seems to be fairly expensive, so we’re considering going with a lighter-colored solid stain for now. What type of stain should I use to go over the old stain? Also do I need to use a borate preservative or similar product when re-staining? Thanks!

waterloop Changed status to publish April 7, 2024